Monday, May 2, 2016

Family Road Trips

In the beginning of this family's journey, I am reminded of my family and home. First of all, the grandmother's white gloves remind me of my great aunt whose collections of white gloves are in a box in my mom's room. Every now and then, those gloves are pulled out and my mom and grandmother and aunt take turns sharing stories of Aunt Virginia and the ladies of the town getting dressed up for church and other events and travel. I am also reminded of my grandmother when the grandmother in the story mentions speed. I am a bit of a speedster, and sadly my family knows it. Every time I leave home or go on an adventure, my grandmother makes me promise that I won't go over the speed limit. God is going to spend quite a bit of time on those promises when I get up there. The final thing is when the grandmother continually points out scenery and parts of the landscape. Whenever my family would go on a long road trip, my brother and I would play "road trip bingo" which is a piece of cardboard that had small pictures of random things you can see on the road - cow, cat, stop sign, ambulance, etc. There were times the entire family was helping us so we could win. It was so much fun! Although I am not far in this work, I have found humor and memories. I am excited for the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment